IT Consultant - Service Owner
Project is closed
Posted Oct 13, 2021
Project ID: UNEPJP00004421
(Dec 1, 2021 - Feb 28, 2022)
The scope of services includes the following tasks, which are performed independently:
- Define and undertake the main Service Owner duties: service design (in conjunction with the Network Architects), service management, financial reporting and management, stakeholder management during an interim period.
- Evaluate requirements & consumption of different business units by attending workshops with business representatives that will be conducted by the Project Manager.
- Consult support teams to maintain service stability, engaging with incident and problem reporting and resolution.
- Understanding the business requirements and meeting their needs is critical.
- Implement key changes identified during workshops or project meetings to improve the user's experience of connectivity in the areas of WAN, SD-WAN, LAN and WLAN, Cloud networking (ER) Present the results to the Head of Connectivity for a sign-off.
- Actively steer implementation based on project plan by tracking activities and measures assigned to vendors (improve network routing, diagnosis & resolution of issues causing IT incidents). In addition to that, the consultant confirm any documented changes by the 3rd party supplier, are in conformance with the Uniper Connectivity Strategy and will successfully deliver the required technical changes; in the case of errors or missing changes then the architect is expected to engage in technical discussion with the supplier, by attending meetings organised by the PM
- Take solutions through to the implementation stage by guiding (and sometimes insisting) that our vendors go in the right direction.
- Work with 3rd parties to improve network routing
- Consult 3rd parties in the diagnosis and resolution of issues causing IT incidents
- Consult within projects which have several dependencies on other infrastructure components and applications. That includes the involvement in meetings organised by PMs to discuss any potential negative impacts and agree alternative methods of successfully delivering the requirements using different technology
- Monitor the performance of Uniper's network with use of the Uniper Network Monitoring System. Report to the connectivity team via a Teams channel, if the problem has not already been raised automatically by the network monitoring system. Advise Uniper about measures to improve performance for sign off by Uniper
- Steer IT partners (DTBS, DXC and Microsoft) and Network Architects to implement the Connectivity Change Roadmap (includes SD-WAN adoption). Steer by checking if any planned changes by 3rd party suppliers are in line with the roadmap and will not cause any deviation or delays to project deliverables. Provide feedback based on knowledge regarding the Roadmap.
Uniper provides all necessary information, access to the systems and requirements in advance.
+ View all projects